All our school meals are freshly prepared on-site by our catering team, to menus set by North Yorkshire County Council School Meal Service using only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced.
- have a three-menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.
From September 2014 key stage one children (reception, years 1 and 2) are entitled to a free school meal. The cost of a school meal for KS2 children is £2.17.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker's allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit with an income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of working tax credit
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit.
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four week "run on" period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income based jobseeker's allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
Should you meet the above criteria, you can apply by using the application form below.
Applications are usually processed the same day. If your child is entitled to free school meals you will receive a letter confirming the date when the meals will start. The school is also notified that your child is entitled to free school meals. In the meantime, you should continue to pay for free school meals until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange a reimbursement of any monies paid whilst your entitlement is being confirmed.
If you are not entitled to free school meals you will be notified in writing.