What is Sports Premium Funding?
The Government provides an additional £320 million to schools per year to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding, provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, will be allocated to primary school head teachers.
Purpose of Funding
All children should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. Physical activity has many physical benefits, whilst also improving mental wellbeing. Children who participate in regular exercise are happy, confident and resilient. The PE and Sports Premium can help schools make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of Physical Education (PE) and sport that they offer. It will be used to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Sports Premium 2021/22
Budget for 2021/22: £17,290.00
Carried forward from 2020/21: £5,882.26
Total in reserves and budget: £23,172.26
What is Knayton C of E Academy doing with the PE funding?
Our Sports Premium will be used in order for our children to:
- Be well equipped with the knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive in a range of physical activities
- Participate in innovate and exciting PE lessons, where teachers are supported by highly specialist coaches
- After school clubs
- Have access to a range of high quality resources and equipment
- Be physically active for sustained periods
- Have a desire to succeed when participating in competitions- all have the opportunity to take part
- Enjoy weekly opportunities to engage in outdoor learning/forest school
Our aim is to use our funding in the following areas:
Sports coaches - £7000
After school clubs - £2000
Resources and equipment- £2000
Competitions - £2000
Forest School - £2000
Additional experiences - £2000
Effect of funding on sports participation and attainment
At Knayton, we want to inspire all children to develop a lifelong love of sport for the improvement and maintenance of physical and mental health. Our aim is for all children to enjoy participating in a sports club, inside or outside of school.
Historical Breakdown of Spending and Impact