We strive in delivering outstanding PE that allows pupils to be physically active, thrive in a broad range of physical activities and engage in competitive sports in a safe and challenging environment.
Our intent for PE is for children to:
- Thoroughly enjoy being physically active and have the confidence to participate in different sports
- Practise skills in a range of activities and to have the highest of expectations of themselves when performing these individually, in small groups and within a team
- Develop high levels of physical fitness through being active for sustained periods of time
- Understand the important of leading a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise and healthy nutrition
- Be advocates of PE and confidently talk about their achievements
We implement this by:
- Using an effective Long Term Plan for teachers to ensure pupils have access to broad range of physical activities
- Creative and innovative planning that ensures consistency in teaching throughout school and challenge for all
- Investing in the School Sports Partnership to allow all pupils to participate in competitions with local schools
- Investing in highly specialist PE teachers to work alongside teachers, ensuring teacher remain up-skilled by providing them with a wealth of fun and innovative teaching ideas
- Providing opportunities for sporting professionals to visit the pupils and inspire them by sharing their achievements
- Sports Leaders promoting positive attitudes towards PE and motivating their peers into becoming passionate, respectful young sportsmen
The impact of our PE approach is that children:
- Make outstanding progress in PE and enjoy participating in sport
- Are physically active
- Understand the importance of exercise and a healthy lifestyle
- Have increased confidence in a range of sports
- Take up a variety of sports. This is enabled by the nurture and relationships between staff and children.
- Talk confidently about PE and their learning
Here's what our children say about PE:
"I just love everything about PE".
"The best part about PE is getting to play in a team with others and helping them to improve".
"We are always so active at school and have brilliant coaches".